Can you get legally married in two different countries?

Can you get legally married in two different countries?

Yes, you may marry lawfully in another nation. If you want to immigrate to the United States, the petition you file will be changed from a K1 (I-129F) Fiancee visa (where you must marry in the United States) to an I-130 Petition for Alien Relative. You should understand that if the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services denies your I-130, then you would have to leave the United States before you could apply for a new visa.

The same thing applies if the immigration service terminates your I-130 for any reason. In this case, you would also need to leave the country to avoid being deported. It is important to note that when you file for a new visa after being denied once, there is a good chance that you will be denied again. There are many factors involved in each case that go beyond the control of the applicant. For this reason, it is best to try and resolve any issues that may cause your I-130 to be terminated before you file a new petition.

The final thing to know is that if you are arrested while in the United States without proper documentation, you can be detained indefinitely if ICE decides to do so. This means that you might not be able to leave even if your I-130 is approved because they may choose to arrest you during the pendency of the case.

Can you legally marry a non-U.S. citizen?

Yes, non-citizens can marry in the United States. Remember that marriage does not affect your immigration status, and it may not be recognized in your native country. To be married in the United States, you only need to apply for a marriage license in the county where you intend to marry.

Can two immigrants get married in the US?

Can two non-citizens marry in the United States? You may also be required to demonstrate that you are of legal marriageable age and that you are not already married.

Marriage licenses must be filed with the county clerk's office. The fee is $60. There is no additional filing fee for a foreign national who wishes to file a marriage license application. The person seeking the license must provide identification information as well as evidence of marital status. The identifying information includes name, address, date of birth, and gender. Evidence of marital status may include a copy of a current passport showing no single mark of separation, or a copy of a current utility bill showing no address listed for an individual other than yourself.

If you are from one of these countries then you cannot enter America without a valid visa: Australia, Belgium, Canada, Chile, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Uruguay, Venezuela.

The rule has exceptions for diplomats and their family members, but those privileges can be revoked at any time without notice. The Secretary of State may grant a waiver if she determines that doing so would not be prejudicial to the interests of the United States.

Do you have to get a divorce if you get married in a foreign country?

A lawfully conducted marriage in another nation is legitimate in America, and vice versa. That being said, in order to marry someone else, you must first obtain a divorce and/or annulment of the preceding marriage, if appropriate. If you marry someone while legally married to someone else, your marriage is null and invalid, not merely voidable. You cannot be married to two people at once unless there are laws that allow for this type of relationship. For example, some countries may permit more than one spouse to live together in one house. If this is the case in China, then both parties would need to go through a dissolution process in order to be able to marry again.

If you want to be sure that any subsequent marriage will be recognized as valid by American courts, then you should consult an attorney before getting married.

About Article Author

Mildred Jenkins

With over thirteen years of experience in the mental health field, Mildred has become a licensed therapist who specializes in relationships. She is often consulted by couples who are struggling to navigate their way through tumultuous times. Mildred believes that there are no quick fixes for relational issues, but she does offer her clients practical tools and techniques to strengthen their connections with one another.

Disclaimer is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to

Related posts