Tell the person that you need to be alone right now. Simply say, "Please leave me alone" or "Leave me alone from now on." Though it will not be easy, the sooner you get the message out, the better. If you need to be firm with someone, don't waste time with small conversation. Get to the point quickly so there is no further argument.
If someone is harassing you, ask your partner to call the police or seek help from a friend or family member. If you are in a public place, such as a store, restaurant, or theater, then showing the person that you are not willing to deal with them alone can be very effective.
Finally, if none of these methods work and you are still being harassed, then it is time to find another place to hang out or do business.
Simply tell them you're busy and walk away or continue doing what you're doing. If it's someone you can't avoid seeing (friend, coworker, student, etc.), tell them they need to stop chatting so you can accomplish what you're supposed to be doing. Or use one of these strategies if you want to say something more formal:
- Give your attention to another person or topic to show that you don't want to talk about it.
- Smile and say "no problem" or "not at all" when they try to start a conversation with you. This shows that you are not annoyed by their question or comment.
- Look away if you feel uncomfortable talking about certain topics. This will show that you don't want to discuss these subjects and will probably make the other person feel comfortable too.
- Finally, if there is nothing you can do or say then just leave them in peace. Don't worry about hurting their feelings because they were probably just trying to be friendly.
The straightforward approach can be beneficial since you don't leave them hanging and you don't give room for ambiguity, which allows them to go on to someone else. For instance, you may say, "I appreciate you asking, but no thanks." "No, I'm not seeking to date right now," you may potentially say.
However, this is not an easy task to accomplish. If you actually mean what you are saying, then the other person will know it too. They might get upset by your comment or they might not, but either way, it will be clear to all that you do not want to see them again.
There are many ways of telling someone you hate them without saying it. Here are a few examples:
- Eye rolling- Frowning- Snorting- Making fun of them in your mind (this one's difficult to do so be careful not to show your thoughts)
Now, these are just some examples of how you can tell someone you hate them. The point is, if you actually mean it, then there are many ways of showing it without saying it out loud. Have fun with it!