Parts of oneself should be cut off and given away. Fill in the blanks with pieces of loved ones. Be present for someone by investing in them. You care because they are a part of you and you understand what they are going through. They will feel your love even if you can't physically be together.
Show your support by listening without judgment, encouraging to reach their goals, and providing distraction when needed. Give genuine compliments that speak to their personality instead of just their looks; it will make a big difference in their day. Spend time with them in activities they enjoy such as going for walks or visiting museums. Provide physical affection such as hugs or kisses when appropriate. Let them know you are there for them anytime on the phone or via email.
Don't expect too much from someone who has lost parts of themselves. It is not their responsibility to fill the gap. Let them live and let go.
Remember, everyone needs to be cared for come what may. We are all connected at the soul level and when one person is hurting, we all suffer. Show your love by being there for others. It doesn't matter how small the act of kindness, it all adds up over time.
How do I become a more loving person?
How to Be Extra Nice to Your Loved Ones
- Surprise them with an unexpected visit or phone call.
- Give them a big hug.
- Express your empathy. Often the greatest gift we can someone else is the gift of empathy.
- Give them a handwritten card or letter.
- Babysit for free.
- Write them a letter.
- Make them a meal.
- Go visit your parents.
How do you make someone feel loved and cared for?
How to Make Someone Feel Special, Important, and Loved
- Tell Them. No, seriously, when was the last time you told this person how much you love and care for them?
- Hug Them.
- Compliment Them.
- Show It Through Your Gestures.
- Put In The Hours.
- Lend An Ear And Listen.
- Show An Interest.
- Follow Up.
How do you support someone?
What kind of emotional assistance can I provide?
- Listen. Simply giving someone space to talk, and listening to how they’re feeling, can be really helpful in itself.
- Offer reassurance. Seeking help can feel lonely, and sometimes scary.
- Stay calm.
- Be patient.
- Try not to make assumptions.
- Keep social contact.
How do you love a miserable person?
- Maintain appropriate boundaries. Remind yourself constantly that your loved one’s unhappiness is not your own.
- Allow your loved one space to be unhappy.
- Give yourself space from them.
- Defend your own happiness fiercely.
- Suggest professional help.
- Detach with love.
How do you unlove someone and still be friends?
Pampering oneself with the following gifts:
- Make sure your feelings are valid.
- Allow yourself to grieve.
- Put a distance between both of you.
- Don’t blame yourself.
- Learn to love yourself more.
- Meet new friends.
- Talk with someone about your feelings.
- Maintain your friendship.
How can I be there for people?
5 ways to show someone you care
- Make them a care package. A hand-picked box full of goodies is a great pick me up and way to encourage someone to do a little self-care, feel pampered or get creative.
- Bring them a furry friend to play with.
- Watch their favourite movie beside them.
- Take them out for a cuppa.
- Bring them food.
How do you start caring for someone?
How to Show Concern for Others
- Don’t have people in your life that you don’t care about.
- Understand that care is a thing you do, not just a thing you feel.
- Ask others how they are doing, and listen to their answers.
- Understand that everyone’s feelings make sense.
- Care for yourself.