Because they do not desire anything serious, men seek for casual partnerships. Perhaps he's still healing from his previous relationship and isn't quite ready to commit again. It's also possible that he's afraid of commitment and, rather than confronting the issue and attempting to overcome it, he's choosing the easy way out. Finally, he may just not be feeling very lovey-dovey at the moment.
The fact is that most men prefer some form of relationship engagement. They might not be looking for a long-term relationship, but they do want something more than just a one-night stand.
However, not all men are looking for the same thing. Some like women who are mature enough to look after themselves, while others find such independence attractive. Some like girls who are rich, while others would be happy with their girlfriend having a good job and her own place. There are so many different types of men in the world today that there's no way anyone can guess what kind of relationship you might attract.
What does any of this have to do with why guys want casual relationships? Well, simply put, men are simple creatures at heart. We're always going to want the easiest option available to us. If giving you a hard time wasn't part of the deal when we had things easy way out, then we'd be left with no choice but to get committed.
He's truly perplexed. He's under the strain of a relationship, and he has to withdraw to restore his manhood. When males are immersed in the realm of "the relationship," they don't feel like men. His identity is more essential to him than the relationship you're attempting to form.
The fact is that relationships are hard work! In order for them to be successful, there needs to be give-and-take on both sides. Men tend to be more giving than women, but that doesn't mean they like it. Women like to think that they can take care of themselves, but that isn't true for anyone, male or female. We need men to protect us and guide us through life. When a man loses this role, he feels lost.
Relationships require trust. If one party in a relationship is unwilling to trust the other, then no relationship can succeed. Men cannot afford to lose their identity in order to fit into yours. They need to feel like men again, even when in a relationship.
Confusion tends to set in when a guy is not sure if he should be involved with someone else or not. This goes beyond just having feelings for multiple people at once- it involves thinking about each relationship completely separately from the others. This is impossible to do successfully.
Men are not stupid.
Relationships may be a bit of a game at first, especially before a label is applied. Men and women are both guilty of making "moves" that they believe are required of them. Even if he is highly interested, he may begin to seem indifferent since he does not want to express his feelings. This is especially likely if she makes it clear that she is looking for something more serious.
The reason a man may appear uninterested in a relationship is because he is trying to determine whether or not she is ready for a commitment. If he sees that she is still searching for the right person, then he will remain single until he finds her. If she claims to be looking for a friend, then he will know this is not the woman for him.
A man who appears uninterested in a relationship does so for two reasons: protection and pleasure. He is protecting himself by being careful not to give his true feelings away too quickly. She would not find this behavior attractive, as it would make her feel unwanted.
The second reason a guy might act uninterested is because he is looking for fun. He may want to see what this relationship is like before diving in headfirst. Some men enjoy playing games with women's hearts while others do not want to get involved with any one woman for very long. Either way, acting uninterested allows him to keep all options open.
1. He is afraid of his own emotions. Perhaps the most common reason why guys withdraw early in a relationship is that they are afraid of how they feel. Whether or whether they were actively looking for love when you met them, the emotion of unexpectedly falling in love with someone is fraught with uncertainty. They might not be ready to deal with these feelings.
2. He does not want to put you in danger. Some men fear that if they let themselves go then they will hurt their partners. Maybe he has seen other friends' relationships end badly because they did not know how to handle their emotions. He does not want to risk this happening to you.
3. He is trying to protect his heart. As we have already learned, women like it when a man shows he cares about her feelings. This is why some guys will avoid getting too close initially - so they do not end up hurting you when they cry or get angry.
4. He does not want to burden you. Some people believe that if they open up and show their feelings then they will need to hear from you every time you go through something emotional. This can be tiring for both parties. Men would rather not subject you to their problems - even if they are only problems with their own issues handling emotions.
5. He does not want to lose control. Some men worry that if they show their feelings then they will not be able to function properly.